Mixed Messages is the tenth episode of the first season in this television sitcom on Step by Step, that originally aired from ABC on November 22, 1991. It was directed by James O'Keefe and written by Seth Weisbond.
Carol buys an answering machine, and instructs the children to write down any messages since the machine erases them upon playback. Karen gets a call from a potential boyfriend, and neglects to hear the remaining message - one stating that Frank need not show up for a re-modeling assignment at work, since they are demolishing the building instead. Frank doesn't get the message, and barely escapes the building with his life. Frank finds out that his boss did leave a message, and arrives home very angry. Carol is upset, and grounds Karen. In the sub-plot, Cody takes a job filling coin machines for children, but loses it because he was only supplying the machine with the good toys.
Cast and Characters Edit
- Patrick Duffy as Frank Lambert
- Suzanne Somers as Carol Foster Lambert
- Brandon Call as J.T. Lambert
- Christine Lakin as Al Lambert
- Josh Byrne as Brendan Lambert
- Staci Keanan as Dana Foster
- Angela Watson as Karen Foster
- Christopher Castile as Mark Foster
- Patrika Darbo as Penny Baker
- Peggy Rea as Ivy Baker